Birmingham Gas Furnaces
Gas Furnace Repair and Replacement
Most gas furnaces are quite reliable. However, there are some common issues with furnaces including:
- The furnace may not produce heat or may not produce enough heat.
- The pilot light may go out repeatedly or refuse to light.
- The thermocouple may be faulty.
- The pilot may light but not ignite the burner.
- The furnace may be noisy.
Natural or propane gas from an outside source is piped to the furnace where it is burned to produce heat. Usually a fan-driven forced-air distribution system blows the warmed air through ducts that vent into the various rooms of the house. Older gas furnaces use a standing-pilot ignition. Maintenance involves turning off the pilot each spring and relighting it each fall. Newer, more efficient gas furnaces use an electric spark to light the gas as necessary.
Southern Home Services will work with each individual and discuss their concerns and needs regarding their gas furnace and decide what products ans services are right for them and their Birmingham home.